Thursday, September 22, 2016

First things first welcome to my blog, and thank you for reading. This is my first blog and i dont have to much time to write right now so let me get straight to the point. Western hognose snakes is the subject mainly because i own one and have had some issues with mine. Dont get me wrong shes a sweet heart but like many western hognose snakes she was shy on eating. So heres some info if you have a shy snake give them time to get used to their knew enclosure if they are in one and try to make their knew enclosure as least stressful as possible. For example i put my hognose in complete darkness for about a week before feeding her. This relaxes her but also helps her develop a more territorial trait that can be found in almost any snake. So after about a week of darkness for my snake ill open up her tank and put a dead mouse in along with some scent of a toad or gecko. (Western hognoses eat toads in the wild).Well i have to go hope this post may be helpful for those snake lovers out there! I will post some pictures of my western hognose set up tomorrow! thanks for reading! Feel free to ask me any questions and subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment